The best things in life:
- Make you drunk
- Make you pregnant
The best things in life:
this actually happens when I say it.
Was awesome! Can’t wait to do it again.
One of the most difficult feelings to deal with is an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. For me, it’s always because something reminded me of college. And who doesn’t miss college? I miss the dorms, the city, even the classes. I’m sure our best years are yet to come, but college was awesome and sometimes I miss it more than anything.
So, to alleviate this longing, I decided to attempt to relive my college days. But, it didn’t exactly work out the way I thought it would.
1. Living on Toast: Toast was almost as valuable as gold in college. It’s cheap, quick, and filling. I tried this, and honestly, I made it all the way through lunch. My taste buds crave more than a crunchy piece of bread. I tried dressing it up with peanut butter, cheese, and other goodies but now that I’m older and actually know how to cook, I wanted something with more flavor. When I got home, I made homemade meatballs. It was the best meal I ever had.
2. Buying Cheap Beer: As soon as I turned 21 it became a ritual on Friday nights to get a 30 pack of PBR. It’d last us through the weekend and sometimes, we’d make another stop on Sunday to last us through the rest of the week. A 30 pack was a bit much, so I bought a 12 pack instead. I got through half a can, tossed it, and poured myself a glass of Pinot. Honestly, who can drink that anymore?
3. Sleeping In: Back in college, I would stay up past midnight, sometimes until 3 or 4am. I’d wake up the next day and it’d be after noon. I pushed myself past midnight, with eyes heavy, and went to sleep. I kept my eyes closed as long as possible before looking at my phone to see what time it was. I was sure I had slept in, and I was proud of myself! What did my phone read when I looked at it? 7:54am.
4. Taking Classes: This is just too expensive. I’d rather get my nails done and go to Kohls.
5. Facebook Stalking: Let’s admit it, we all do it. But especially in college. I wanted to know who my exes were dating, what my friends were doing, and look at pictures of what I should have done on the weekend. Now Facebook is all filled with engagement announcements, baby pictures, and rants about the weather. Yawn… I upgraded to Instagram stalking.
So it didn’t work the way I thought it would. But that’s okay. College will always give me happy memories, but my current ones make me happier. And I’m sure in 5 or so years I’ll be writing a post about my mid-twenties and how to relive them.
I’m going back to bangs.
Today was productive.
This entire Broadway show is a metaphor. Going “into the woods” simply means they are going into life. Life is full of obstacles, choices, and fears (or witches, wolves, and handsome princes). You can either stay where you are, or take the next step and go into the woods to take the things you want most. If you’re too impatient to wait for tickets, I heard the movie is great.
The obtuse, bittersweet lyrics provide new shades of depth as you get older. It’s about finally growing up and knowing what it is you really wanted, then stepping back to realize maybe it’s too late.
Groovin' in the kitchen, dancin' in Missoula.
Beauty Tips, Product Reviews & Beauty Trends