Some people were athletes, some were brainiacs, then there where the art kids.
We’re a rare breed, not to be confused with the punk/emo kids. We can quote Shakespeare, we’ll never say no to karaoke night, and no one can memorize anything faster than we can. No matter how long it’s been since you’ve done theatre, the theatre will always be a part of you.
20 Signs You Were (And Still Are) A Theatre Kid
1. You know the entire Rent soundtrack by heart.
2. You still get shivers when someone says “Macbeth.”
3. Your character shoes are your go-to heels.
4. You say “ensemble” instead of “team player.”
5. You never pass up an opportunity to make a speech.
6. If you don’t know the answer, you improvise (and it works!).
7. Sometimes you’ll imagine scenarios where everyone busts out in song and dance.
8. No song is catchier than vocal warm-ups.
9. Yoga is great, but you wish there was a ‘Voice and Movement’ class you could take at the gym.
10. If someone spells it T-H-E-A-T-E-R you silently correct it, theatre!
11. The only rap you know is from ‘Into The Woods.’
12. Your work out music is all Broadway show tunes.
13. You can memorize musical songs faster than your work/school notes.
14. No one else understands the need for hugs.
15. No matter what is going on at work or in your personal life, nothing was/is worse than Tech Week…
16. When you think of your next interview as an audition.
17. You don’t talk loud, you just project.
18. You rely on musicals to escape from everyday life.
19. When someone doesn’t pronounce your name right you think, “It’s Gah-linda, not Glinda.”
20. When someone says, “Hey, let’s meet in five minutes.” You respond “Thank you five.”